Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Weekend Fun

I got my wisdom teeth taken out on Friday. I had all 4 still and they were all completely grown in.I didn't get them out sooner because 1. I didn't even have any in my head until college and 2. because I am lazy. Finally I got them out, and boy have I been sore. The second day was probably the worst pain-wise, but as of today I still can't open my jaw all the way or chew totally normal yet. Oh well, at least they are gone!

This weekend was still a very fun weekend despite the mouth pain! My friend Emily and her baby Garrett came from San Antonio to spend a long weekend with us since her husband was out of town. It was nice to have her here because I just love her, and she is pretty low key so I didn't feel bad taking a nap every day and sleeping late :).

We actually did all kinds of fun things this weekend. Friday night, we had taco soup from the crockpot and she brought her fun kitchen aid attachment to make homemade ice cream :). Rachel, Paul and little Lucy also came over for dinner. On Saturday, we both slept late, played with Garrett, and checked out a craft fair that was close by. It was pretty crowded and I was sore, so we didn't stay long. After naptime (for everyone), we did some project planning and broke out the sewing machines. Sunday was a repeat of the sewing, napping, and talking. Plus we found an amazing online rug sale and both ordered rugs for our houses :). I was able to finish my Christmas tree skirt (that I showed in the previous post) and she worked on a super cute embroidered pillow and place mats for a friend. We also tried making some Christmas ornaments. I took off from work monday afternoon and she helped me figure out how I am going to get started on my major re-organization of the house. I am pretty excited about getting my house organized! I'm gonna start in the pantry and kitchen and do a little minor decorating at the same time; should be a lot of fun.

Here's some pictures from the weekend!
Kirsten took care of my all day on Friday so she got to play with Garrett too!



Sweet Bernoulli 

Lucy Bug!
Garrett loving on Gaius
Emily cooked us dinners like this every night!!
our ornaments

I hope they come back soon!






1 comment: