Friday, October 19, 2012

Oreo



Meet Oreo, our current foster dog. He is a super sweet little boy (only 18 months) and is a springer spaniel and border collie mix. He is house-trained  and (almost) crate trained. Let me tell you, crate training a very hyper 18 month old dog is no cake walk. Good news is that I think he is finally catching on, based on the fact that he doesn't bark constantly and extremely loudly when we put him in the crate. He is good off leash, but a terrible leash walker. We will probably have him for a little while because he is heart worm positive which is terrible and makes me so mad at whoever owned him last! Giving a dog a pill once a month to prevent heart worms is not that hard people!  He is halfway done with his treatment, but still has to get a shot of some pretty strong stuff that will weaken his heart for about 3 weeks. After the shot, we have to keep him quiet with no running or jumping for 3 weeks. Who even knows how we will do that since he is insanely energetic. Hopefully he will find a great home soon!

2 comments:

  1. I need this dog. Two of my favorite breeds and my favorite cookie all in one dog! Please give him some snuggles for me while he's in lockdown for hw treatment! And snuggles for Gaius, just because he's Gaius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um yes, you do need this dog!! I think you and Josh need a puppy :)

    ReplyDelete