Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The Liebster Award



My sweet friend Julie nominated me for this award (her blog is: http://confessionsofanapper.blogspot.com/). The rules say you are supposed to tell 11 facts about yourself, then answer 11 questions given to you by the nominator. Julie has a fun and interesting blog to read, and was nominated last week by one of her friends.  Basically this award is just a way to connect a bunch of small blogs all together and form one big online community. So here goes:

11 Facts:

1. I used to despise running, but over the past 6 months I have made a point to give it a good try, and I am finding myself enjoying and (gasp) even looking forward to my runs
2. I love birthday parties
3. I have watched every Grey's anatomy episode since it started when I was in college
4. I am addicted to peppermint mochas from starbucks
5. I have learned everything I know about fashion/how to dress from my little sister who is 8 years younger than me
6. My mom used to take away my books as punishment when I was younger
7. I took classical ballet lessons for 8 years
8. I loved all 4 years of high school, and would consider that time my favorite out of all my growing up years
9. I went on my first date my freshman year of collage
10. If I had endless funds, I would spend most of my time traveling all over the world
11. I love roller coasters 

11 Questions from Julie:

1. What is your favorite part of the day?
Around 9 am, I like mornings the best, but hate waking up early. 9am is perfect because you can still enjoy the day beginning but you get to sleep in a little bit :)

2. What is your favorite cereal?
Captain Crunch

3. Are you named after anyone?
Yes, my mom; her name is Donna Kay

4. What is your dream career?
I have dreamed about being a nurse since I was around 7 years old, and thankfully I am living my dream!

5. Where is your favorite place on earth?
Michigan, specifically the cottage that Michael's family owns in Grand Haven

6. What is your least favorite fashion trend right now and why?
I am not really very tuned into all the current trends, but I have seen people wear high heels with shorts, and I think it looks really weird

7. Morning person or night owl?
Morning (mid to late morning specifically)

8. What is your guilty pleasure?
TLC bridal shows

9. Would you like to have lived in any other decade?
Not really, I'm pretty content with the 20th century and all the advantages we have
If I had to pick, I think the 50s might have been fun

10. How did you and your best friend meet?
My best friend is my husband, and we met at church

11. What is your most cherished possession?
My puppy dog


Now I am supposed to nominate 9 other people who have small blogs, but the only people I know have already been nominated, so I am going to be a bit of a party pooper. Thanks Julie for thinking of me!

1 comment:

  1. Yeeahh! I love that your mom used to take your books away as punishment. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete