Saturday, February 9, 2013

Organizing My House: Master Closet Edition

I've got another room organized! Well ok, so its a closet, BUT a very important closet. We use this closet every day and it had finally reached a point where I couldn't take the mess anymore. Also, since we mounted the TV and weren't using the shelf in the upstairs living area anymore, I saw a great opportunity to use it in the closet.  
So here's the very embarrassing state of my closet before:




We have all these great built-in shelving units and really just have no excuse for the mess this closet was in. Just comes down to laziness, and no defined area for things to live. I basically spent most of a Saturday taking things out, filling up a bag of stuff we don't need anymore for goodwill, and putting it all back in an organized fashion. I only ended up needing to buy 2 big bins and 3 small ones (since we already had the wire shelves and the small brown bookshelf) so this was a very cheap project that ended up with wonderful results.
Here's the after:




The brown shelf fit perfectly on Michael's side of the closet and was a great place to put some of his miscellaneous things (like clothes that have holes and are only appropriate for walking Gaius at the park) that looks really nice. The pictures aren't the best because its really hard to take good pictures, but you can get the general idea. So far, we have lived with it for about a week and I am loving it!


No comments:

Post a Comment