Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Some Changes

Well I guess its time to play catch-up again! I have been working on several small projects the past 2 weeks, and its nice to see all the little changes around the house.

So first up, I painted the wall behind the stove. We replaced our appliances last November, and when we did, it left this blank white space that looked gross.


This was a nice and easy fix that looks great!


Next, I got some inspiration from a DIY book that Michael gave me for christmas (which I LOVE), and decided to paint the chandelier in our kitchen.



I think it looks so fun! I originally wanted to take the whole thing down and spray paint it (including the chain it hangs from), but Michael took one look at the connection to the ceiling and declared "no way am I taking this down." 

Next up is the upstairs living room. This is how it has looked for a long time:

We have been looking for a sectional for this room for awhile, and finally found a great deal at costco of all places. I also made some curtains and a dog bed for the window where Gaius spends his days (and most evenings) hanging out. We put a Lowe's gift card to use and installed a ceiling fan, and mounted the TV so we could move the shelf out to create more space.
It's looking so much better up there now!




I already have plans in mind to finish out this room. I want to make that wall where the pictures are into a nice looking gallery wall, sew a lot of cute pillows for the couch, paint the room, and either build or install shelving in the area where Michael's desk sits. 







4 comments:

  1. Everything looks so good! Love that red chandelier, ohmygoodness. And the upstairs looks suuuper cozy. Call me if you decide to paint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I mention that dog on the couch is cute? Well, he is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kay Lynn,
    this is a test

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK. This is Dad. I guess I will be Anonymous. I love your pink light fixture!! So cool. I noticed Gaius changed to the left of the window to see the TV!! He is such a cutie pie!
    I love your sectional!! I want it! Not really. I want to get one for our LR. We have already picked it out at Ashley Furniture. Just need a job!! Soon!! I also love the cubby hole project!!

    ReplyDelete