Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas!

Man I have some catching up to do! Since I last posted, I have done some fun crafting projects, spent a week in Dallas for the holidays, and a Verheyden cousin got married. So that stuff is coming later this week, for now, here's a run-down of the week we spent in Dallas.


I just love having a job with normal hours because that means its easy to take vacation at Christmas! We went to Dallas for a whole entire week and it was fabulous.
When we first got there, mom and dad had this set up for present wrapping :)


Later that day, my Grandma came to visit and we spent the day working a puzzle with my mom.
Sunday we went to church up north and spent the day with Michael's family. We met part of the family at a restaurant after church to watch the Texans game.


Unfortunately, they didn't win :(. Then we spent the rest of the day hanging out at his sister Lisa's house and cuddling with our precious new niece Elizabeth!


Ryan with his newly adopted dog Oreo!
We spent the night at Lisa's house so I could help with some middle of the night feedings for Elizabeth, then went back to my parents house for Christmas Eve. John brought Hannah and Jacob over and my brothers and sister were all in town at that point.



We went to the Christmas Eve service and I found Brooke!!

all the sibs :)
Christmas day I forgot to get pictures of present-opening, but we got all kinds of great stuff from both families. Lots of great games that we spent the rest of the week learning and playing! But, I did get pictures of the great surprise of snow on Christmas day!! So fun!




Christmas day evening, we braved the snow/sleet and had dinner and more presents with Michael's family.


Michael and Braeden trying out Braeden's new boxing gloves

The rest of the week was spent going back and forth between our 2 families and just enjoying being in Dallas! We did get to go to the Armed Forces Bowl on Saturday before we left thanks to Josh's hook-up in the air force. It was a cold day, but pretty fun to watch the game. 



What a great week! I'm so thankful that we had so much time to spend up there with family. I can't believe that it's already 2013, here's to another great year!


No comments:

Post a Comment