Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Kite Festival!

My sister and dad came into town over the weekend and we had such a fun time with them! They got here about noon on Saturday, and me and Kristen spent the rest of the day shopping. She has such a knack for picking out great clothes and helped me find some really cute stuff. Plus everything we found was on sale!

The highlight of the weekend was the Zilker Kite Festival Sunday afternoon. There were SO many people there. There had to be several thousand at least. They had some contests and vendors, but most of the park was just open for people to fly kites. I packed up a picnic basket after church with sandwiches and we went and met up with Phillip and Loren. There were tons of kites of all different shapes and sizes. We had a butterfly kite, a dragon kite, and a crazy colored triangle one. It was so much fun!
Tons of kites!









look how high I got it!


\





I can't wait until next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment