Thursday, December 6, 2012

Winter Garden

It's been awhile since I wrote a garden update, so here it is! Michael cleaned out the beds from the spring/summer stuff and planted a strawberry bush, several types of lettuce, and carrots. Here's how it looks now:


The vegetables that we planted in the spring did pretty well. We had lots of tomatoes and peppers, and a few very small cantelopes. The cantelope/watermelon bed got pretty out of control but we managed to get a couple of melons that tasted kinda like a bit of a hybrid between the 2. So maybe putting them right next to each other wasn't the best idea?
We are letting the tomato and pepper plants finish out since they are still producing a little bit, and then will let that bed rest until springtime. I have high hopes for that strawberry plant so I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will have lots of yummy strawberries in a few months!!

No comments:

Post a Comment