Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Color Me Rad

Last weekend Julie came to Texas and invited me to run with her and her friend Kerri in the color me rad 5k. I have never done anything like that so was pretty excited to give it a try. Basically you run 3 miles and at various points, people throw colored corn starch or spray paintball paint at you.
Here we are pre-race with our nice clean shirts:
me, Julie, Kerri's sister, Kerri's mom, and Kerri
 And here we all are afterwards!
\

 Basically, we were filthy, but it was so much fun! Me and Julie ran together and we were so proud of ourselves for running almost all of it. We estimated that we only walked about 10%!




At the end of the race they passed out extra packets of the colored corn starch and had a big "color bomb" to celebrate the race maybe? It was pretty crazy.


 It was a fun way to start the weekend, that's for sure! Then, as the cherry on top, Rachel and Emily met us for lunch at PTerry's and I got to squeeze on these 2 nuggets.

After lunch, I had a great nap and then me and Michael had a game night at Eric and Amber's house. Good times :). I vote that every Saturday should be this fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment