Friday, February 10, 2012

Parenting?

No this post is not about me having a kid. Don't get your panties in a wad of excitement yet. That is still a ways off (I mean, come on people I am only 25!). This post is about an interesting article that I read the other day. One of the blogs I follow is called nat the fat rat. I don't know her, but one of my good friends, Julie recommended her blog to me. Its a fun blog to read b/c she lives in New York, and is a really good and interesting writer. So she has a little boy that she stays at home with, and posted a link to this article a couple of days ago. I don't have kids, so I have no idea how to parent or what having kids it like, but I thought this article had some interesting ideas. Theoretically, the way the French kids are raised sounds like an ideal way to raise kids to me, but probably is a lot different in practice. Also, I am not really sure how to practically apply all these ideas, since I don't even know if I have that much self-control in my own life ;). Hopefully, I can try to incorporate some of these ideas into the way I parent one of these days because they sound like behaviors I would like my kids to have. But who knows, maybe all this "wisdom" I am finding and reading about right now while I don't have kids will just sound like crazy ideas when I actually have real live children to raise.

No comments:

Post a Comment