Tuesday, March 15, 2016

House updates

We have done a few small projects and one big project since my last update!

First up, Michael removed the tape player and closed in the bottom of our intercom/sound system box.



The door still needs to be painted (whenever I finally break down and paint all the trim), but its much nicer to have all those cords hidden! He was able to hook up a raspberry pi in order to play music from the computer, and we can also hook up our phones to play things from there as well.

This one happened a few months ago, but we re-decorated in our bedroom! The main upgrades are the blackout curtains and the new comforter. The white has held up very (and surprisingly) well with Gaius. I do have to wash it once a month, but that's not bad! I also cleaned out our books and this past week framed some postcards from Israel and made the bookshelves pretty :).




I keep forgetting to take "before" pictures because I get excited to change things, gotta work on that! Trust me, it looks better now haha


Last but certainly not least, we FINALLY upgraded our tile!! (cue hallelujah chorus) Gone is the white, always looks dirty tile and in its place we have a really nice dark grey with a matching grout.

Before:






After:




I love the fact that it still matches our cabinets without having to now paint all of those and replace counters. Maybe down the line at some point, but I am really really happy with the overall look.





I'm still deciding if I need to replace the kitchen rug or not, some days I like it and some days I think its too dark...








1 comment:

  1. Love the new tile! Blackout curtains are the very best and we will never go back.

    ReplyDelete