Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Michigan

I just love summer vacations! We spent last week in Michigan, and it was so wonderfully relaxing. We went a little earlier than usual (we normally go in August) and it was pretty nice with just us and Michael's brother Daniel and his wife Chloe at the cottage. Michael's Aunt Janna was also there, but after breakfast, she would leave for the day and not be back until dinner, so it was mostly just the 4 of us there during the days.

We really didn't do a whole lot which was pretty wonderful. I read a couple of books, laid on the beach, played games, watched the sunset every night, roasted some s'more's at a campfire on the beach, and ate ice cream from Miss Lisa's every day. 



We did get to spend time with GG (Michael's grandmother) and Uncle Elliot every evening; they would come around 4, stay for dinner, and then we usually played a round of Liar's Dice and go for a walk down on the beach before they left.



The weather was basically perfect. I wore sweatpants and a sweatshirt every morning and night, and it warmed up enough to wear shorts and t-shirts during the day. The only downside was that it was way to cold for me to swim. The water temp was around 62, so I never did more than put my feet in. There was one day where it rained all day so we played about 5 rounds of Settlers of Catan, and I was only able to win one game. Gotta brush up on my strategy skills. 


Gaius of course had a blast, and he was zonked for the ride back to Texas. He got to swim, chase a tennis ball like 1000 times, and never be on a leash for a week straight. It's basically dog heaven up at the cottage. He loved digging in the sand when we weren't throwing the ball and then laying in the hole. Crazy pup.


 And I can't forget the amazing sunsets every night! This one was my favorite :)



Pretty nice vacation if you ask me! 

2 comments: