Friday, September 7, 2012

Today I....

Was so productive!!

I took the day off work, and got so much done today at home (which is a great feeling). I originally took off for me and Michael to go camping, but its still 100 degrees here in Austin, so we decided it would be better to go when it cools off just a bit. Plus, having a Friday off every now and then is just a great idea.
Since we nixed the camping trip, I decided I was gonna tackle some of my to-do list for the weekend!

I took Gaius for a good walk at the park (which he badly needed b/c we have been neglectful parents this week).

After the post-walk bath, so handsome!

I spent a good part of the day working on refinishing an awesome desk I found on craigslist. I am gonna use it for a sewing table. Its perfect because it fits in the corner at the top of our stairs, its sturdy, and it has lots of good storage space. I'll do a post later about the process and the finished product when its done, but here's a sneak peak of what it looked like before I started working on it.


Michael was off too and he planted a tree today!


Besides the desk and dog walk, I also did a load of laundry, folded clothes, and cut out fabric for some upcoming sewing projects. And the best part of it all is that I still have 2 days of weekend left!! I think I should take off on Fridays more often :)




2 comments:

  1. Handsome pup! Can't wait to see the desk finished - it looks perfect for sewing! I love some Craigslist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! It's gonna be perfect, I'm very anxious to get it finished!

    ReplyDelete