Monday, August 20, 2012

Weekend Fun

We had a pretty fun weekend! It was mostly random things, and of course it went by way too quickly. It's crazy how that always happens. The week seems to drag and then the weekend flies by! Oh well, so here's what our weekend looked like:

      We have decided to start fostering dogs again, so we went and picked up a little 10 week old puppy on Friday. She is soooo cute! Her name is Cassie, and she of course is getting adopted super fast (tonight actually) because who wouldn't want to take home a really sweet puppy?? It's been fun having her for a few days, but man, I forgot how much work puppies are!


      On Saturday, I went to a baby shower for a girl in our sunday school class. She is due in 5ish weeks, and doesn't know what she is having. She says they want to be surprised, which would stress me out, but she is very laid back and seems to be ok with that. I made her a changing mat, a travel case to hold diapers and wipes, and 2 pacifier holders. She and her husband both went to A&M, and I sneakily found cute fabrics that had the great UT colors of orange and white in them :). 




        Michael had a friend in town all day Saturday which was fun for him. He has a little pug/beagle mix (named Nucks) so they took the dogs to the dog park, and then watched football. That was great since it gave me time to do some sewing and take a good nap :)

Nucks is light brown one

       Yesterday, my parents and sister came into town. Kristen moves into college tomorrow! OMG that is soooo crazy that she is going to college! Man I feel old.

      Last night at church we had a special evening service for our music minister's 10 anniversary at the church. The choir and orchestra played and sang and it was a really sweet and special service. He is a huge blessing to have at our church and I have really enjoyed getting to know him better through choir.


Well I'm sad the weekend is over, but the next few days will be fun ones with the family in town. I hope the week goes by quickly!

   

2 comments: