Sunday, July 8, 2012

Chair Makeover

I have become very motivated the past few days to start doing some decorating projects around the house. I kinda have a plan, but we will see how it plays out. To start, I spent my Sunday afternoon re-covering the chairs in our dining room.
This is what they looked like before:


Basically, they were boring and icky. Plus they looked dirty all the time b/c who really is able to keep a white chair white? Not me, that's for sure. This was a very easy project and all you need is fabric, scissors, a ruler, and a staple gun. 
First, figure out how to get the cushions off of the chair. Mine had 5 screws securing it to the frame. Then, measure your cushions and cut your fabric, making sure to add an extra 2-3 inches on each side so that the fabric will wrap all the way around the padding in the cushion. 


Next, place your cushion upside down on the non-printed (or "wrong") side of the fabric. 
Then, start pulling the fabric tight around the edges and stapling it down. Make sure you don't staple on top of a screw-hole. I found that it was easier to staple the top and bottom, then do the sides. For the corners, I just made it as smooth as possible and put a lot of staples to secure it down. 


When you are all done stapling, the back looks like this: 

\


And now I have chairs that are super cute!









No comments:

Post a Comment