Sunday, May 13, 2012

Baby Shower- Palooza

I have soooo many friends who are pregnant right now! I am excited about all the babies, but I'm gonna need people to spread their due dates out a little bit please and thank you :).
This past month, I have helped out with and attended 4 baby showers! All these gifts and decorations have given me tons of great opportunities to practice my skills with my sewing machine. I also feel like I may have missed my calling as a quilter. I have had so much fun making baby quilts!
First up was Michelle's shower. I didn't get any good pictures from that shower, but I did make her a cool gift. I  bought 2 packages of baby washcloths from Target and made them sturdier by sewing fabric to the back of them. They came out super cute.




Next was Rachel's shower that I hosted here at my house. I made her some burpies by sewing thick fabric strips and ribbon to some old-fashioned cloth diapers. (At her other shower a few weeks ago I made her a baby quilt which you can see HERE). I forgot to take pictures of them, but I used some of the same fun fabric that I used to make the washcloths above. For the shower, I helped with decor and made a banner out of the giraffe fabric she used for her crib bumpers. I think it turned out pretty great. It was a little time consuming, but the process was easy. 

close up of the banner



SIDENOTE: I have come to the realization that sewing projects can be very time consuming. In my mind I think that a project is going to be a breeze and take like 2 hours, which in actuality turns into 2 days. Oh well, back to the shower...
So here's some more pictures of all the fun stuff from the shower:
Name banner that Rachel made for the nursery


Emily, me, Rachel, and Bonnie






The last shower of the season (ha!) was Emily's shower. I helped out with that shower as well and was in charge of making a diaper cake. I may have gone a little overboard with it (I made the baby shoes!), but I was really pleased with how it turned out. 
baby boy shoes, they have little blue airplane buttons on the sides :)



Since I had so much fun making a quilt for Rachel's baby, I wanted to make one for Emily as well. This one was a little bit harder since she is having a little boy. I think I went to the fabric store every day for almost a week trying to decide which fabrics would go together and be appropriate for a boy, but still be cute for a baby. I knew I had a winner when I found the baseball and puppy paws fabric (her husband is a huge red sox fan and they have a dog that they adore). 
Front of the quilt
Back of the quilt
close up of the edging- puppy paws!
Here's a few more from Emily's shower:


Bernoulli, the shower mascot :)
me with Julie, the proud aunt-to-be!

Whew! I am showered out! Can't wait to meet all these sweet babies!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for G's quilt - I love it (and I'm sure he will too)!

    ReplyDelete