Saturday, February 11, 2017

My Sister is Engaged!!!!

New Year's Eve was a big one for my family because my sister got engaged!!

She has been dating her boyfriend Connor since July of 2016, and even though its been a short time, they know that they are meant for each other, and I agree that they are a perfect match.
He asked my dad for her hand over Christmas and then planned a big surprise engagement with a party that included all their friends and both families. I helped with planning and decorating for the party at his house and it was all a huge success! She was shocked but so so happy.

We ended up having extended holidays with my family because he proposed on New Year's Eve, so my parents came to Austin a day early to hang out with us and also help get set up for the party. He proposed to her under the ruse of a photo shoot on UT campus to help out a friends business while we were all back at his house ready to surprise them with a party! After the party, both families went out to dinner. My parents stayed for another 2 days in Austin after the engagement so the next day after all their friends went home, we had a day to hang out at our house and get the wedding planning started. It was a super fun weekend and I can't wait for the wedding!!

















No comments:

Post a Comment