Tuesday, January 27, 2015

MG the Electrician and Sewing Projects

It's been awhile since I have finished a sewing project! For Christmas, I gave my Grandma a quilt for her bed. I have been working on it off and on for waaaaaaaaay too long and I finally finished. It's the biggest one I have made to date and I am really happy with how it turned out!





 I also finished a Christmas table runner last week (only 1.5 months late) from a kit that I bought in Michigan over the summer. This was my first time to try my hand at free motion quilting. It actually wasn't completely terrible, but only if you look at it from the front :).



A couple of weekends ago, Michael discovered that he has some great skills with electrical work and put in a new plug in our pantry! We keep our microwave in the pantry but have been using an extension cord to plug it in across the room when needed. SO thanks to Emily's super great suggestion, we realized it would not be too hard to make a permanent plug in the pantry. 

Wall before




Hard at Work ;)

Finished!!





1 comment: