Saturday, August 3, 2013

A Visit to Santa Fe

Before we went to Colorado last week, we decided to make a detour and visit our favorite Williams family in Santa Fe!

Julie and Josh live there right now and I miss Julie terribly. They just moved to Santa Fe from Los Alamos (where Josh works) and I was pretty jealous that the climate there is mild enough in the summer to where they don't even need AC.



We got to tour downtown Santa Fe and eat at their favorite Mexican restaurant. They had enormous and delicious sopapillas! We also got to see the art gallery where Julie works! Its a really neat gallery and the owner makes these cool wind sculpture things (I know that's not a technical term, but the best way I know how to describe them), and they are all set up in front of the gallery. It kinda made me think of a tall colorful garden :).



After the grand tour, we played board games, ate pizza and did lots of catching-up.

I vote that they move back to Austin soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment