Monday, May 13, 2013

Summer Garden and An Ottoman Project

Michael planted our summer garden!
The left is tomato plants and the right is cucumbers and green beans. Last year, the tomatoes and green beans did really great so we figured we would do more of those and the cucumbers are an experiment.


And in our 3rd bed, the strawberry plant is still going strong!

Of course, you cannot plant a garden without proper supervision :)


So quite a while ago, Michael found this ottoman and decided that he wanted it in our bedroom next to our window so that Gaius could "supervise" the backyard while we are at work. It was a good idea, except for the fact that it came from our neighbor's curb and it was not really a very good color or in the best of condition. Here's what it looked like:




I wasn't all that excited about it, but Michael really wanted it so I said what the heck. I had plans to recover the cushion, but that wasn't going to work out.  So Michael found a really good tutorial online on how to make a slipcover, and finally after months of it being in our house looking terrible it now looks like this!


Pretty much like 1000 times better. I originally was just going to use one fabric all the way down, but the fabric I bought wasn't wide enough so I added the lighter fabric on the bottom and really liked how it turned out. I did however, make the mistake of not making sure it lined up perfectly at the corners and didn't realize what I did until the very end. Soooo I just turned the really bad side against the wall and figure no one will look at it except me and Michael. Plus, Gaius doesn't really care. Maybe if it gets to bothering me too much I could rip out all my seams and re-do it, but for now, I am ok with it not being perfect. :).
Here is is next to the window, if you look really close, you can see how the light fabric at the bottom doesn't quite line up.

1 comment:

  1. The ottoman looks great!

    I've had that supervisor supervise me doing homework before. He's very intense!

    ReplyDelete