Monday, June 4, 2012

San Antonio Weekend


It has been a great but ridiculously busy spring! Between New York, 4 baby showers, Kristen's graduation, visiting California, and going to San Antonio for a weekend, we are worn out! I told Michael that I just want to be at home with very few plans for a good long while before we go anywhere again. I may or may not have actually blocked an entire Saturday on my calendar for sleeping next weekend :).



This past weekend my parents have been married for 30 years. Crazy stuff. So to celebrate, they rented rooms at a Hilton resort in San Antonio and took all the kids with them for a weekend getaway. We ate lots of Mexican food, spent a day at Sea World, and ended the weekend taking a boat tour of the river-walk. All in all a good weekend.

Vincent and Kristen at dinner Friday night

Mariachi band at dinner playing a song for their anniversary

My favorite part of the weekend (besides sleeping late every day in the amazing hotel bed) was Sea World. I haven't been there since I was six. It was amazing to see the whales and dolphins and sea lions do all these crazy tricks. I mean, how do you even train a killer whale??

blurry picture of shamu

starfish

dolphin tricks

all the kids

Michael being silly

so cool!!

At every show, they had one person do a little pre-show comedy routine, and my mom was picked for this one! The guy was lip-singing a song to her. It was hilarious.

One of the best shows was the sea lion show. It was a comedy about someone stealing fish from a cannery (turned out the walrus was the crook), and the sea lions were so great!
This walrus was massive!!

We ended the weekend with brunch on the river walk, and took a little boat tour. Such a fun trip!








1 comment: